Bruning-Davenport Distance Learning Plan
Parents / Students:
This week saw our district enter an unprecedented time in its history. To keep students and staff healthy, All ESU 5 schools have elected to remain closed until May 1, 2020. In the meantime, teachers are working diligently to instruct your students via remote learning to try to ensure that least amount of instructional concepts are missed. We will continue to do our best to enrich your children with material and information as this scenario progresses. You have always been the first educators of your students, and we will be calling on you to help us in that same task again.
- Please stay home as much as possible. Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. Drink plenty of fluids.
- Stay in touch with your teacher(s) each day, by the method of communication they ask you to use. For young students, ask your parents to help you.
- Teachers will be available to help students throughout the closure.
- PK-4 students will have daily assignments communicated daily by classroom teachers.
- All 5-12 students have a 1:1 Dell laptop provided by BD USD. Content teachers will communicate students weekly and provide them with enrichment materials via email, Google Classroom, Zoom, Canvas, etc.
- Distance Learning Classes will begin March 23. Each teacher will provide enrichment activities to students.
- ALL 5-12 teachers have provided specific activities and links on the BD Distance Learning Plan. (Downloadable-BD Distance Learning Plan) (Live-BD Distance Learning Plan)
- Teachers will continue to modify and alter instructional practices and delivery methods to meet the needs of ALL students during the closure period.
- There will be no activities or athletic practices/competitions during the days that school is closed.
- Both the Bruning and Davenport offices will remain open. Students may pick up and drop off assignments Monday-Friday from 8am-4pm.
- Starting Thursday, March 26th, B-D will distribute breakfast and lunch to those families that request it. Para-educators will deliver to families within the district. All families in the district will be contacted to begin delivery of Food Backpacks and school breakfast and lunches. Food will be delivered to families on Mondays and Thursdays.
Remember that someday we will be back together again in school. This is a temporary hardship that we will get through. Everyone is making some sacrifices to keep our most vulnerable people healthy. We greatly appreciate all of your cooperation and efforts.